As one of the nation’s most highly regarded nursing institutions, the Excelsior College School of Nursing knows the value of an outstanding nursing educator—and what it takes to become one.
You can join that elite class by earning a Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Education) from Excelsior.
By completing a nursing master’s degree with an education specialization, you’ll gain the skills and expertise to teach in hospitals, community colleges, nursing schools, and health care organizations. An education-focused MS in nursing will also put you in high demand among employers, as the nation faces a critical shortage of nursing faculty.
Review the course sequence and credit requirements for Excelsior’s online MS degree programs.
An Online Nursing Master’s Degree for Working Adults
Excelsior’s School of Nursing has ranked among the nation’s best institutions for many years. (Why? Get the full story .) The National League for Nursing has designated Excelsior three times as a Center for Excellence in Nursing Education (most recently for the 2011-16 period).
In addition to outstanding academic quality, Excelsior’s nursing master’s degree stands out for:
- Flexible online nursing classes that you can fit conveniently into your work schedule.
- Dynamic coursework that’s relevant, applicable, and up to date.
- A supportive environment led by Excelsior’s award-winning team of academic advisors.
- Reasonable tuition and fees, plus generous financial support to help you afford a nursing MS on your budget. (Get the actual dollar costs today so you can begin planning .)
- Function as a leader and change agent to promote holistic patient-centered care and population health.
- Translate evidence to develop health care practices in a culturally and ethnically diverse global society.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines that are essential for nursing judgment and practice.
- Integrate specialty practice knowledge to enhance interprofessional collaboration, inform decisions, and improve health outcomes.
- Exemplify professional values and standards, best practices, and the commitment to lifelong learning in the role of the master’s-prepared nurse.
- Implement the role of master’s-prepared nurse as part of the interprofessional team.
- Integrate scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, and innovation to support nursing excellence.
All Excelsior College nursing programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc. (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404-975-5000. The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.